Start Date: August 14, 2018
End Date: August 16, 2018
Pre-Conference Seminar – Monday, 13 August 2018, providing participants with an introduction and a long-lasting educational and personal experience in the field of the conference and beyond.
Biological surfaces and interfaces: where synthetic materials and biological systems interact with
each other – one of the most innovative and expanding areas of science and Technology.
Biointerfaces International 2018 Conference follows a special format: it aims to build bridges
across relevant application areas, between science & engineering, among scientific discovery, Innova-
tion & technology, and between senior scientists & early-career researchers. Both internationally highly
renowned and young scientists from academia, industry and clinics present their latest, often unpublis-
hed scientific findings and technological breakthroughs. All speakers begin their talks with a General
introduction that does not require specialised knowledge to follow. The focus of this conference is edu-
cation across the many fields of relevance to biological surfaces and interfaces.
– Deadline for Abstract Submission 1st May 2018
– Registration Deadline (early-bird) 30th April 2018
Sessions topics of the 3-day conference program include surfaces & interfaces and its
- Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Technology
- 3D Cell Culture / Engineered Tissue and Organoid Models
- Functional Material-Biology Interfaces (to Tissue, Cells, Bacteria, Enzymes/Proteins)
- Bioinspired/Responsive Surfaces
- Bioanalytics/ Diagnostics / MicroNanofabrication / Lab-on-chip
- (Drug) Delivery Systems
- Neuronal / Bioelectrical Interfaces, Brain