Start Date: September 05, 2021
End Date: September 09, 2021
The motto for the conference will be “Futuring Biomaterials”, as a challenge to our community to explore biomaterials in conjunction with advanced technologies, such as Nanotechnology, Biofabrication, Microfluidics and Bioimaging to develop the clinical combination products and functionalities of the future.
Main topics of the conference
The motto for the conference will be “Future with Biomaterials”, as a challenge to our community to explore biomaterials in conjunction with advanced technologies, such as Nanotechnology, Biofabrication, Microfluidics and Bioimaging to develop the clinical combination products and functionalities of the future.
Other topics of the conference include:
- Additive manufacturing (including Biofabrication and 4D (bio)printing)
- Biomaterials characterization
- Biomaterials development (including smart biomaterials)
- Biomaterials for specific medical applications
- Biomaterials for tissue engineering
- Cell-biomaterial interactions (including mechanosensing)
- Clinical applications of biomaterials (including precision medicine)
- Commercialisation of biomaterials and biomaterial-based devices
- Key enabling technologies (including lab-on-a-chip, robotics and artificial intelligence)
- Legal, ethical and regulatory aspects
- Surface modifications
- Tissue and organ models (including organoids and organ-on-a-chip)
- Virus-biomaterial interactions (including new corona virus)
Abstract submission deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021, 23:55:00 CET.
Author notifications will be sent in May 2021.
Registration deadline for selected abstract presenters: before June 01, 2021.
All abstracts without registration and payment of the presenting author until June 01, 2021 have to be deleted and cannot be considered for the program planning.
Call for last minute abstracts (poster presentation only) deadline: May 17, 2021.
There will be a call for last-minute abstracts for poster presentations only, which will open in April 20, 2021 and close on May 17, 2021, 23:55:00 CET. Please refer to the web pages and mailings for updates.
Conference status with respect to the Coronavirus pandemic
However, as you know, over the last few months the COVID-19 pandemic has forced businesses and society as a whole to adapt at a fast and innovative pace. Thus, in the event large public gatherings are still not feasible in the spring of 2021, we will not postpone the conference but will move ESB 2021 into a digital space so our members can still get the expected quality of education, networking and shared knowledge, we are working hard to bring to you.